Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterPortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog in

Iceyhott, Fire Mage

Go down 
+3
kosinissa
Blink
Iceyhott
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Iceyhott

Iceyhott, Fire Mage Empty
PostSubject: Iceyhott, Fire Mage   Iceyhott, Fire Mage Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 10:34 am

A. Your Toon
1. Armory Link:

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Icecrown&cn=Iceyhott

2. What is your primary spec?

Fire

3. Can you play a second and/or third spec at a high level? If so, what is your gear level for these specs?

I mostly just stick to fire, played arcane some but I perfer Fire

4. Do you have any alts that you are willing and able to play at a very high level for progression? If so, link their armories and let us know the specs you have mastered.

I have 5 80's I'd feel somewhat comfortable with my tank.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Icecrown&cn=Sofakingood

4a. If you do not currently have two raiding professions, are you prepared to respec your gathering profession if you are given a trial?

Sure.

B. Game History
1. How long have you been playing? How many long breaks have you taken and why?

I have been playing on and off since beta (more on then off). I took a break during vanilla because I was finishing up college. I took a break during BC because my guild fell apart and now I have been playing through the entire WOTLK exp.

2. What are the two most recent progression guilds you have been in? Why have you left them or are considering leaving them?

The most recent guild I am in now, Jinx is the most progressed guild that I have been in awhile. We are 8/12 HM icc 25. I am considering leaving because we are struggling for numbers and I want more progression.

C. Theorycraft
1. Link your most impressive combat log parses. How did you maximize your performance on these fights? Note that if you are a DPSer without any ranked parses, you are very unlikely to be considered.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/huh0oodfur7xxrdy/sum/damageDone/

Alot of maximizing dps as a fire mage is by keeping living bomb up and rolling and by maximizing the use of our 2piece set bonus for the 12% haste.

2. Link a screen shot of your UI with keybindings highly visible. How have you set up your UI to maximize your performance in raids?

3. How do you set yourself apart from other players of your class? Give us a detailed answer that shows us you truly understand the nuances of your class.

I try my best to keep living bomb up and rolling. I have key binds for useful things such as spell steal and ice block. This toon was the first that I created and I have the most knowledge of its class.

D. Your Technical Specs
1. What kind of internet connection do you have? (DSL, cable, etc.)

6mg u-verse

2. How stable is your internet connection?

Very stable

3. How stable is your computer?

It is stable as well. It is 4 years old now, but I am planning on upgrading soon. I can run on pretty high setting with good fps.

4. What kind of ping and FPS do you get in a 25man raid environment?

25-75 depending on how much AOE is going off.

E. About You
1. Have you read the "About You" section in “About Zephyr: Part 1?” And are you able to meet most of the criteria? If not, why?

Yes I read both part 1 and part 2 of about zephyr.

1a. Do you meet any of the "Bonus Criteria" from "Applications: Part 1?"

Yes
Competitive Gaming Experience (CS, Starcraft, Smash Bros, Halo, etc.)
I have played CS and CZ both competitively and still play some CZ competitively in cevo-main.

2. Name

Tim

3. Age, Location, & R/L Occupation:

26, Texas, Physical Therapist Assistant.

4. Describe the last 2 times you screwed up in a raid, or played at a noticeably suboptimal level. How frequently do events like this occur?

I can't think of an instant off the top of my head that I have completely screwed up, most of the heroic modes I'm doing right now are trivial. I guess I could say I've missed a bite once before. I am usually the first one bite or if not the first one after the first bite in my current guild so I am responsible for biting the most ppl.

5. When and how often would you miss scheduled raid time? What is your availability outside of our 25man raid hours?

I don't see any issues missing raids at this time.

6. Give us a brief introduction to yourself.

Well you've heard some info about me already. My name is Tim, I'm 26 and from Texas. I'm a physical therapist assistant. I got my bachelors in exercise sports science and when back to school to get my associates of science in physical therapy assistant. I played soccer through college and still play today. I am getting married in Oct and the rest is yet to come.......
Back to top Go down
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Iceyhott, Fire Mage   Iceyhott, Fire Mage Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 11:04 am

So much hit and still using icewalker?
Back to top Go down
kosinissa

kosinissa

PostSubject: Re: Iceyhott, Fire Mage   Iceyhott, Fire Mage Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 11:06 am

Why in gods name do you have 521 hit...
Back to top Go down
Iceyhott

PostSubject: Re: Iceyhott, Fire Mage   Iceyhott, Fire Mage Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 3:06 pm

Easy trying to obtain certain gear so that once I change one piece I'm not under hit cap. One or two gear upgrades can easily sway my hit.

For example, heroic frozen bonespike and shadow silk spindle and I am down to around 400 hit.
Back to top Go down
Blink

PostSubject: Re: Iceyhott, Fire Mage   Iceyhott, Fire Mage Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 3:53 pm

Wich is still over hit cap.
Why are you using icewalker?
Back to top Go down
Iceyhott

PostSubject: Re: Iceyhott, Fire Mage   Iceyhott, Fire Mage Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 3:57 pm

Icewalking at this point is just for the extra crit atm as I am yes over hit cap.
Back to top Go down
kosinissa

kosinissa

PostSubject: Re: Iceyhott, Fire Mage   Iceyhott, Fire Mage Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 3:59 pm

You could just use 16 spirit or tuskarrs......
Back to top Go down
Iceyhott

PostSubject: Re: Iceyhott, Fire Mage   Iceyhott, Fire Mage Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 4:01 pm

tuskarrs could be just as debatable....sure i could see 16spirit
Back to top Go down
Soulg

Soulg

PostSubject: Re: Iceyhott, Fire Mage   Iceyhott, Fire Mage Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 5:00 pm

Iceyhott wrote:
tuskarrs could be just as debatable....sure i could see 16spirit
If I recall it's a requirement of our raiders to either have tuskarr's or rocket boots.
Back to top Go down
purrs

PostSubject: Re: Iceyhott, Fire Mage   Iceyhott, Fire Mage Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 7:59 pm

Tuskarrs is not debatable at all, it is in fact the highest dps increase for a mage. We are constantly moving. If you ever move .5 seconds per minute in an encounter it is the highest damage enchant for boots.
Back to top Go down
zheta

PostSubject: Re: Iceyhott, Fire Mage   Iceyhott, Fire Mage Icon_minitimeSat Aug 28, 2010 8:15 pm

What purrs said...
Back to top Go down
Ty

PostSubject: Re: Iceyhott, Fire Mage   Iceyhott, Fire Mage Icon_minitimeSun Aug 29, 2010 6:12 am

Not to derail the thread too much but......
I was listening to this song (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa_PbyWUZ4Q) and saw your jay and silent bob signature SoulG. I found myself hypnotized.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Iceyhott, Fire Mage   Iceyhott, Fire Mage Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Iceyhott, Fire Mage
Page 1 of 1