Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RegisterPortalHomeLatest imagesSearchLog in

I need someone whos good with macbooks

Go down 
+2
myztikrice
kosinissa
6 posters
AuthorMessage
kosinissa

kosinissa

I need someone whos good with macbooks Empty
PostSubject: I need someone whos good with macbooks   I need someone whos good with macbooks Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 9:24 am

For the longest time i have been trying to get this damn boot camp program to work but I keep getting the same errors, first I run the boot camp assistant program. it says to partion the disc, so I do that, but then as its doing that I get This error

Ok....So I open disc utility with my backup harddrive in since it said to back up your data, but when I go to enable journaling, I cant click it and get
This problem

So if anyone can help me/is good with macs would <3 them long time D:.....
Back to top Go down
myztikrice

myztikrice

PostSubject: Re: I need someone whos good with macbooks   I need someone whos good with macbooks Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:38 pm

If it's anything like PCs you usually have to format (erase) the drive before you can partition it.
Back to top Go down
felyse

PostSubject: Re: I need someone whos good with macbooks   I need someone whos good with macbooks Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:55 pm

Well the problem is its trying to access files that are already in use. And since the error message is so vague its hard to tell witch files or program is at fault. My guess would be its trying to move your OS files and fails to do so since your OS uses them.
Back to top Go down
kosinissa

kosinissa

PostSubject: Re: I need someone whos good with macbooks   I need someone whos good with macbooks Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 5:58 pm

So If i back it up, then reformat my hard drive THEN partition it then put back all my back up data it will work?
Back to top Go down
felyse

PostSubject: Re: I need someone whos good with macbooks   I need someone whos good with macbooks Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2010 6:07 pm

It should.
Back to top Go down
Martialbob

PostSubject: Re: I need someone whos good with macbooks   I need someone whos good with macbooks Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 12:10 am

not sure if it exists for macs, but look into partition magic, sounds like what ya need
Back to top Go down
lornhas

PostSubject: Re: I need someone whos good with macbooks   I need someone whos good with macbooks Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 9:00 am

He needs to load up his system restore disk, go into disk utilities and run the check / repair option for his hard disk.
Back to top Go down
Berin

PostSubject: Re: I need someone whos good with macbooks   I need someone whos good with macbooks Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2010 6:41 pm

I just burnt my important files to a CD then reformatted and fresh installed everything. Went on to bootcamp XP no problems at all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need someone whos good with macbooks   I need someone whos good with macbooks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need someone whos good with macbooks
Page 1 of 1